Definition of eventide:
2. the latter part of the day (the period of decreasing daylight from late afternoon until nightfall)
3. Poetic. The time of evening.
4. The time of evening.
Sentence/Example of eventide:
1. She saw him again that eventide but then he was a reddened lich.
2. The deaths of a father and his two sons on board the fishing coble Eventide sent shock waves through the town.
3. To return home at eventide with gratitude and then to sleep with a prayer for the beloved in your heart and a song of praise upon your lips.
4. The golden light of eventide illumined the city as with an aureole.