We might be nervous about taking your IELTS Listening test but with these tips from our words coach and Practice. You will be well on your way to building your confidence and getting the IELTS band score you need. We are going to share with you the most important tips you need to know to gain a band score of 8.0 or above in the IELTS Listening test.
Here are some tips to help you score 7 or higher bands in the IELTS listening test:
- Practice listening to a variety of English accents and dialects to get used to the different ways that English is spoken.
- Take a lot of practice tests to improve your listening skills and get used to the format of the test.
- Pay attention to key words and phrases that are used in the questions, as these will help you to understand what the speaker is talking about.
- Practice note-taking while you listen to help you keep track of important information.
- Try to predict what the speaker will say next based on the context of the conversation or passage.
- Don’t be afraid to ask for clarification if you don’t understand something.
- Use process of elimination to eliminate the incorrect options
- Take the test in a quiet environment where you won’t be interrupted or distracted.
- If you have time, review your answers after each section of the test to make sure you haven’t made any careless mistakes.
- Lastly, stay calm and focused during the test. The more relaxed you are, the better you’ll be able to understand and remember what you hear.
|IELTS LISTENING SECTION||Top Tips & Tricks for Taking the IELTS|
|Useful tips for every section of the IELTS exam||IELTS Vocabulary|