What Is an Interrogative Sentence?
What Is an Interrogative Sentence with Examples?
An interrogative sentence is a sentence that asks a question. While using some interrogative pronouns such as What, Whom, Where, Which, etc., we conventionally use the preposition at the start or at the end of the sentence. Interrogative sentences often start with interrogative pronouns and end with a question mark. Interrogative pronouns, typically “wh” words, include “who,” “what,” “when,” “where,” “why,” “which,” “whose,” and “whom.”
The final punctuation is always a question mark (?).
As with other sentences in English, it should include subject and verb in interrogative sentences, and the word order is often changed to put the verb in front of the subject.
Interrogative sentences can be in positive or negative form, and in any tense.
40 Examples of Interrogative Sentences
- Now, who wants to save the world?
- Which sweater goes best with these pants?
- Who is coming to the play?
- Would you be available to drive me?
- Where shall we go?
- Why is a raven like a writing-desk?
- Are you going on holiday this weekend?
- Are you more interested in dinosaurs or sharks?
- When will people go to Mars?
- What if the dinosaurs come back while we’re all asleep?
- Who knows the answers to these questions?
- Where did you lose your pen?
- How do you spell relief?
- Will you go abroad after you finish school?
- How do you manage to laugh like this?
- If winning isn’t everything, why do they keep score?
- Whose is this red big notebook?
- Where in the world did I leave my phone?
- Tell me what you’re doing today?
- Where can I see you again?
- How did it get so late so soon?
- How many times do you smoke?
- Whom did you see yesterday?
- Are my kids cute or do they make people uncomfortable?
- Who fixed the computer?
- Why are you not interested?
- Whose pants are these?
- Why didn’t you go to school?
- Which car would make you happier?
- Which do you prefer, white or blue?
- Don’t you know who she is?
- Why haven’t you completed your homework?
- Can’t we be friends again?
- Would you like a beer?
- Will you please open the door for me?
- How on earth did you think about me in that way?
- Who is that man seating in the corner?
- Why did he leave us then?
- Does he care about us?
- Does she love you as the way you do?
What is your English level?
Take our short English test to find out.