A preposition is a word that tells you how words are related in a sentence. It could often follow a verb, but it does not always. The example of the frog and a log can tell you a lot of them, but those are only one of two categories of prepositions.
In fact, there are two types of prepositions: ones that tell about the place and ones that tell about time and time order.
Prepositional Phrase List with WITHIN
|Within an hour||Within grasp|
|Within limits||Within one’s budget|
|Within one’s power||Within one’s rights|
|Within reach (of)||Within reason|
|Within sight of||Within striking distance|
Prepositional Phrase Examples with WITHIN
- Within an hour of the ship transmitting an SOS , six boats had arrived and started a rescue operation.
- Just when victory seemed within grasp, the referee blew his whistle.
- The children can do what they like, within limits.
- Children should, within reason, be able to experiment with many different activities.
- The Atlantic coast is within sight of the hotel.
- My house is within walking distance of my univercity.
- The cat was now within striking distance of the duck.
PREPOSITIONAL PHRASES WITH WITHIN MEANING AND EXAMPLES
|Within earshot||Close enough to be heard or to hear.||He made sure the boss was not within earshot before speaking.|
|Within grasp||Possible to reach or achieve.||Victory is within grasp for our team now.|
|Within limits||To a certain extent.||I agree with the proposal, within limits.|
|Within reason||What is fair or reasonable.||I will examine all offers within reason.|
|Within one’s rights||What you are morally or legally entitled to do||You were quite within your rights to refuse the new conditions.|
|Within reach||Close enough to be touched.||I like to keep a dictionary within reach.|
|Within walking distance||Close enough to reach on foot.||The station is within walking distance from my home.|