A preposition is a word that tells you how words are related in a sentence. It could often follow a verb, but it does not always. The example of the frog and a log can tell you a lot of them, but those are only one of two categories of prepositions.
In fact, there are two types of prepositions: ones that tell about the place and ones that tell about time and time order.
Prepositional Phrases with WITHOUT
|Without (a) doubt||Without a break|
|Without a good foundation||Without a hitch|
|Without a plan||Without delay|
|Without education||Without exception|
|Without fail||Without foundation|
|Without precedent||Without question|
|Without respect||Without respite|
|Without thinking||Without warning|
Prepositional Phrase Examples with WITHOUT
- The news report was completely without foundation.
- Working without a break makes you more prone to error.
- If symptoms persist, consult a doctor without delay.
- No good building without a good foundation.
- He did it quite without respect to the result.
- Genius17 without education is like silver in the mine.
- Each candidate must answer all the questions without exception.
- Resolve to perform what you ought; perform without fail what you resolve.
- Working without a plan is sailing without a compass.
- Without warning, the tree crashed through the roof.
PREPOSITIONAL PHRASES WITH WITHOUT MEANING AND EXAMPLES
|Without (a) doubt||Definitely true||The author is without doubt one of the greatest writers of all time.|
|Without delay||Immediately or very soon||We must find a solution without delay.|
|Without exception||In all cases, with no exclusions.||All the houses, without exception, were damaged in the storm.|
|Without fail||Happens always; invariably.||She calls her parents every Sunday evening without fail.|
|Without question||Certainly; undoubtedly.||He is without question the best coach we have ever had.|
|Without reason||Unjustifiably; for no reason.||You can be fired without reason.|
|Without so much as||Not even doing something||She left without so much as a backward glance.|
|Without warning||Unexpectedly; by surprise.||The chairman resigned without warning.|