Definition of condign:
1. fitting or appropriate and deserved; used especially of punishment
2. Deserving; worthy: applied to persons.
Sentence/Example of condign:
1. A month later, condign civilian behaviour is less easy to judge.
2. I was involved in work that led to the setting up of a highly classified study into the UFO phenomenon, codenamed Project Condign.
3. I may pity him, and even understand his motives, but a murderer is still deserving of condign punishment.
4. It would make the field irrigation more precise in timing and quantity, when sufficient crop water messages and the condign soil water condition (60% of the field capacity) are considered.
5. Enraged at this, Noakes threatened the malcontents with condign punishment.