Definition of embezzle:
1. appropriate (as property entrusted to one's care) fraudulently to one's own use
2. To steal money or other valuables entrusted to one's care, typically by using one's position of trust to do so.
3. To use someone else's money or property for one's own benefit without their permission.
Synonyms of embezzle:
Sentence/Example of embezzle:
1. The president, Wingfield, attempted to embezzle the public stores, and escape to the West Indies.
2. The accountant embezzled millions of dollars from the company.
3. The politician embezzled campaign funds.