Definition of travesty:
1. a comedy characterized by broad satire and improbable situations
2. An absurd or grotesque misrepresentation.
3. pejorative a grossly inferior imitation.
Synonyms of travesty:
Opposite/Antonyms of travesty:
Sentence/Example of travesty:
1. The travesty is the need for statesmanship and the lack of it at the present time.
2. It was a political act, a travesty from start to finish.
3. If you do not put your name forward to be leader of the party it will be a travesty.
4. It was the sorriest travesty of similar scenes in a politer world.