Definition of egregious:
1. conspicuously and outrageously bad or reprehensible
2. Conspicuously bad or offensive.
3. Exceptional, conspicuous, outstanding, most usually in a negative fashion.
4. Huge, monstrous, astonishing, surprising, unique, exceptional, uncommon, unprecedented.
Synonyms of egregious:
Opposite/Antonyms of egregious:
Sentence/Example of egregious:
1. The most egregious environmental villains in the tableware industry are probably plastic disposables.
2. Why should people who do something truly egregious be protected by an arbitrary limit on their punishment?
3. The legal system currently punishes the most egregious forms of child abuse and neglect, but such crimes are difficult to prove.
4. Given this high hurdle, Congress's exercise of power in this realm would be reserved for unusually egregious circumstances.